Time, slow down. Slow down. SLOW DOWN! I just wish time would slow down already. I know it probably sounds so cliche but for years people would tell me that time would just keep getting faster and faster the older I got. They also said it would get even faster after having children. I didn’t fully understand what they meant until I had Rowan and I literally blinked and we were celebrating her first birthday. That first year flew by so fast it was unbelievable. What is even more unbelievable is how much faster is is going with Small Fry #2! How is this sweet little cutie already 6 months old?
I love remembering what he looked like in those first few days
– He is so mobile. He’s army crawling all over the place and is a pro at putting himself into a sitting up position from laying on his belly. The last two days he has really started trying to pull himself up on anything he can grab ahold of and sitting on his knees. I wonder if he will be walking before his sister did.
– We tried new foods about three weeks ago. We started off with the plain baby oatmeal but mistakenly introduced him to a blueberry flavored one and now there is no way he is going back to that plain jane oatmeal. We have tried sweet potatoes, carrots, green beans and an apple mixed with pumpkin. He hasn’t discovered a food he doesn’t like.
– He is drooling almost more than Tyson drools, and that translates to ALOT of drool. We are anticipating a tooth or two to pop through any day now.
– Affectionate. He is so loving and always up for a cuddle session. This is something I want to hold onto for as long as possible! I know one day he isn’t going to want to cuddle up to his momma like he does now and I will miss these days terribly. Until then I am going to hold him longer before laying him down and pull him into bed with us through the night when he cries.
– Sleeping. What sleep?! Rowan spoiled us with her amazing sleep habits and I am sure Nolan’s lack of good sleep habits is much better in comparison to what some babies’ sleep patterns are. He is up two to three times a night and almost always between 1AM and 5AM. He is not a fan of sleeping in his crib but we are trying our hardest to make it happen. His crib is still in our room because when he does move to his own room he will be sharing with Rowan and at this time in our life we can’t really handle both kids not sleeping through the night so we will be leaving him in our room in order to let Rowan have her beauty rest.
– Rowan is his biggest fan! It doesn’t matter who is in the room, what is on the tv or what toy is placed in front of him, if Rowan is in sight he all eyes for big sister! I pray that this continues as they grow up.
– Since he started sitting up on his own this month I started giving him sink baths and it is so much easier than the big bath tub and so much cuter too! He loves to splash and play with his toy in there.
– Nolan is in a size 4 diaper and 9 month clothing. He is so much bigger than Rowan was even at a year old. He is 19 pounds and we will find out on Monday his other stats at his 6 month checkup.
– My milk supply pretty much tanked this month so this weekend we ended up introducing him to formula to supplement a little bit. With Rowan I was stressed myself out so much about only breastfeeding her but I made a promise to myself that this time around I would not do the same. When I went to Nashville three weeks ago Nolan put a huge dent in the freezer supply and with my supply tanking it has been really hard to replenish it so supplementing was our next option. He is drinking 6 oz bottles to go to bed and 4 oz bottles throughout the day following his meals. He has had no aversion to the formula which has made the switch so much easier. I am still planning on pumping for a year as long as my body cooperates.
We love you so much Nolan Wade!!! Happy 1/2 Birthday!
Big hugs & kisses